Characteristics/Origins of School Phobia
*What are the physical characteristics that may manifest themselves in school phobia?
*What are general somatic complaints that may arise as a result of school phobia?
*Likely triggers for school phobic behaviors.
*The link between control, anxiety, and school phobia
*Why students attempt to avoid school?
* Distinguishing between truancy as well as school anxiety and appropriate questions to ask.
Statistics of School Phobia
* What is the prevalence of school phobia in the population of our youth?
* Statistical indications of the long-term potential diagnostic issues that may arise in a child that exhibits school phobia.
* Harassment, intimidation, and bullying statistics correlation to school phobia and refusal.
*What are the characteristics of an educator generally best able to address anxiety in the school setting?
*Interventions for School Refusal.
* Surveying as a means to determine school climate and the welcoming nature of a school.
*Character Education, Digital Citizenship and cyberbullying in the larger system of school climate.
DBT and Mindfulness
* Basics of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) in school phobia
* Using mindfulness as an approach to school phobia and refusal.
Parents and School Phobia
* What to communicate to parents in assisting with school phobia.
*Interventions that parents can use when addressing school phobia at home and in the educational context.
* How parents can aid in de-escalation of school anxiety and phobic behaviors.